We are looking for an Creative Film Editor to join our team. You will bring original creative thought to every edit, developing and delivering exceptional final products to our clients. As a key member of our small but growing team you will have the opportunity to contribute to the overarching strategy and visual identity of Detail Films.
You’ll work on a wide-variety of projects from week-to-week, some for a few quick edits, others on a deeper level at the direction of our videographers and Creative Director. The ideal candidate will get great satisfaction from storytelling, making perfect-cuts, finding a rhythm, and bringing out the best in the subjects we film. You’ll meet hard deadlines with ease, make quick revisions, and have confidence in working directly with clients.
- Collaborate with producers and videographers to create stories through editing and sound
- Edit, color correct, mix and export media for all formats required
- Develop a strong technical understanding of the post-production workflow
- Develop your knowledge of other areas of film such as sound design and motion graphics
- Export, compress and re-format video files
- Help to keep film edit suites in good working order
- 3 – 5 years of video editing experience
- Degree/diploma/extensive portfolio in editing/post production
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop
- Experience with basic edit prep (syncing, etc.)
- Experience with creating motion graphics
- Experience with colour correcting
- Some experience with sound editing
- Ability to multi-task and be detailed oriented; managing time and workload to meet multiple deadlines
- Boundlessly creative with strong attention to detail and meticulous approach to delivery of all creative outputs
Detail Films is the culmination of 5 years of work (and a whole lot of fun), developing a one-man personal project into a fully-fledged Production Company. The brand embodies innovation, integrity and a dedication to making world-class films.
- It’s a chance to be at the start of something huge. We’ve only made a small dent in what we plan to do and we continue to grow rapidly. We are pursuing big dreams and we’ll give you the chance to explore yours too
- We are dedicated to making every piece of work we do the very best it can be. You’ll work with the pride of ownership producing world-class content
- We place a high value on both speed and professionalism. We produce original content of the highest quality for high-profile clients. Results are slick, revisions are always blazing fast; we move through post-production seamlessly
- You’ll work in an environment of transparency. You’ll find a young, fast-paced, agile setting with very low barriers to getting things done
- You’ll work with some of the world’s most exciting brands
- We’re all about having fun. We are an energetic, innovative team that laughs a lot
To apply, please send your CV/Portfolio and a covering letter to email@example.com.